Lemon, the fruit of the summer.
So, what is lemon good for?
Here some quick tips about lemon that you will love to know
1. Helps with digestion
2. System cleanse, help to remove toxin in your body
3. Boost up immunity
4. Balance pH level in your system
5. Good for skin, help to reduce wrinkles and acne
6. Help you to heal faster
7. High in vitamin C
8. Help with pain and inflammations in joints
9. Lower down blood sugar
10. Good nutrients for the brain, helps to keep a clear mind
Gout is a form of arthritis and it’s more common in men than women.
The occurrence of gout is caused by excess amount of uric acid in the system.
High levels of uric acid levels can encourage crystallization of uric acid and may form crystals inside the joints and causes pain.
The accumulations of uric acid crystals often starts within the big toe and joints.
It can cause sharp pain, redness, inflammations and swelling.
In time, the uric acid can damage tendons, joints, tissues and even organs.
Gout can be caused by genetics, obesity, diuretics, over consuming of alcohol, over eating meats and over eating food that’s high in purines.
The most important way to avoid gout is life style.
Exercise, eat properly, rest properly and seek for medical help when you need to.
There are many ways that Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help to reduce the inflammation and lower down the levels of uric acid.
It is important to have proper diagnosis by trained professions before pursuit of treatments.
Calgary has been awfully hot lately and I think this is an important topic to consider.
So, what is heat stroke?
Heat stroke occurs when body has been exposed to high temperature for prolonged of time. It usually occurs in combination with dehydration. When body is dehydrated, the system will fail in controlling the temperature response. Common symptoms include dizziness, nausea, headaches, confusion, loss of consciousness, fainting, coma, red skin, hot body temperature, rapid heart rate and shallow breathing.
Heat stroke is a serious medical emergency condition that require attention right away. If there’s anyone suffering from heat stroke, call 911 immediately. While waiting for the paramedics to arrive, patient will need to be moved to a cooler environment, keep up with hydration, electrolytes, lie down, and raise the leg up to make the circulation easier.
Remember to keep up with hydration, electrolytes and dress properly according to the weather when going outside.
There are two types of stroke
1. Ischemic (caused by obstruction or blockages)
2. Hemorrhagic (caused by bleeding)
Always remember FAST (face, arms, speech and time)
act FAST when you spot a stroke and call 911
There are many pre-signal when it comes to stroke
Patient may have hypertension or hypotension for prolonged of time
Patient may experience headaches, dizziness, numbness in the facial area
Cholesterol may be high and patient may also have other types of health complications (heart diseases, kidney diseases…etc)
The golden time to treat a post-stroke is within the first 3 months
Recovery rate are much higher during the initial 3 months after an occurrence of a stroke
Acupuncture and Tradtional Chinese Medicine have many ways to help patient to recover from a post-stroke or to prevent a stroke with good treatment rate
Pic: google search
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a form of bacteria. These bacteria can enter your system and live in GI tract. Years after, H. pylori can cause inflammations, sores, and ulcers. The location can often occrured in the lining of stomach or the upper tract of small intestine. H. pylori is common, the rate of occurance is about 2/3 of the world’s population. For majoirty of people, H. pylori may not caused any symptoms or ulcers. There are medicines that can help to eliminate the bacterium and help to cure the ulcers. In Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture, there are natural ways for treating such conditions in great success rate.
Today is National Donut Day
I don’t know much about coffee and donuts
but to me, a cup of Tim Horton’s French vanilla and a honey cruller donut always feel like home to me
Happy Friday and Happy National Donut Day everyone!
Chocolate looks good, smells good, tastes good and it’s also great for you!
Here’s some reasons why chocolate can be healthy!
1. Good for heart and circulatory conditions, it can help to enhance flexibility in the arteries
2. It may reduce chances of stroke
3. It may lower down cholesterol
4. It’s nutritious, packed with potassium, zinc and selenium
5. It can help to protect the skin from sun damage
6. It’s good nutritions for the brain
7. It can help to increase insulin sensitivities
8. It can help to reduce stress, raise up dopamine level and makes you feel happier!
and we can all use a little bit of chocolate on Thursday afternoon… 🙂
Happy Thursday everybody!
Soda, the drink for the summer day
but, why is soda bad for you if you drink them regularly?
Here are couple reasons why you should avoid drinking soda
1. Excess amount of sugar causing weight gain
2. Increase liver fat
3. Hinder normal insulin function in our body
4. Hinder metabolic function
5. May increase chances of Type 2 Diabetes
6. No essential nutrients in soda drinks
7. Increase chances of caffeine addiction
8. Hinder normal growth in children
9. Increase heart and cardiovascular diseases
10. Bad for dental
11. Increase chances of GOUT
So, make life simple, just drink water
Pic: simple organic life
In Chinese Medicine, besides treating illness, the most important part is to avoid illness in the first place
We treat our bodies like temple and respect them everyday with good nutrients, calm thoughts, moderate exercise and good rest
Here are some tips to stay healthy!
1. Sleep before 11PM, less electronics before bed and sleep for 7~8 hours a day.
2. Eat healthy, eat regularly, eat bland, eat light, and eat something that’s easier to digest.
3. Don’t over eat or over indulge in certain food.
3. Keep hydrated, drinks 8 glasses of water a day.
4. Moderate exercise 30 minutes a day.
5. Dress yourself according to the weather.
6. Understand your stress, keep calm and relax.
7. Stay social with family, friends and the people that you love. Do the things that you love and travel from time to time.
8. Understand your health and understand what type of problems you have or might have. Know your family history of illness and try to avoid those problems with good maintenance.
9. Regular check up to the doctor’s office.
10. Check your blood pressure regularly.
11. Do acupuncture regularly can help to maintain good health.
12. Be in the moment, be in present, be nice to yourself and be happy with everything that you have have.
Contentment is the true key to happiness and happy always makes a person healthier!
Pic: google image
Good morning Calgary!
Here’s a little motivation for the busy Monday
Pic: google image